Finally! A tool for all of you math and science teachers out there who could never justify having studens submit homework digitally. Snapping a photo of hand-written homework and equations worked, but wasn’t a very elegant solution.
EquatIO makes math digital, helping teachers and students at all levels create math expressions quickly and easily. This Chrome extension allows you and your students to easily create mathematical equations, formulas and quizzes. Intuitively type or handwrite, with no tricky math code to learn. Until now, writing equations and math expressions on your computer has been slow and laborious.
Type or handwrite virtually any mathematical expression directly on your keyboard or touchscreen. There’s no need for any complicated code or programming languages. EquatIO instantly turns your thoughts into clear, accurate on-screen formulas. When you type ‘sq’, it knows that you mean ‘square root’. And it listens, too. When you dictate a formula aloud, EquatIO is smart enough to ignore ‘umms’, ‘errs’ and other unwanted non-math words.
More than a replacement for pen and paper, EquatIO makes math and other STEM subjects engaging and rewarding for every student.
– Easily create math expressions including equations and formulas
– Compatible with Google Docs and Forms* (Sheets and Slides coming soon!)
– Input via keyboard, handwriting recognition* (via touchscreen or touchpad) and voice dictation
– Guesses what you’re typing or writing – like predictive text on your smartphone*
– Hear your math expressions read out loud
– Compatible with LaTeX input for advanced users
– Create interactive digital math quizzes*
– Input student responses directly into digital quizzes*
– Chemistry formula prediction*
Try EquatIO free for 30 days, with unlimited access to all features. After that, access to their Premium features requires a licensing subscription.
- Download link
- How to use with Google Docs
- How to use in Google Forms
- Handwriting Recognition in EquatIO
- How to use the Prediction feature